Weed Pro Mats
Before Choosing a mat ask- Does the weed mat kill weeds and retain moisture. Unlike other mats Weed Pro does both. Porous mats allow a very limited amount of water thru the soil. More importantly porous mats allow moisture to escape when it is needed most, during droughts. WEED PRO WEED MATS are a solid sheet and holds ground moisture for weeks longer than porous mats.
HERBICIDE NOT BEST CHOICE
Spraying herbicide is risky business. You could damage, even destroy the trees, if your workers aren’t careful. A simple shift in the wind could mean a bunch of dead trees. Besides, chemical solutions are rarely the best solution.
Weed mats are environmentally friendly. They don’t leach into the soil and end up in the water table. They won’t blow away in the wind and poison your neighbor’s flowers.
Weeds are everywhere: on lawns, in flower gardens, among the tomato plants, wherever you don’t want them to be. Left uncontrolled, weeds can starve out young seedlings. They’re more aggressive, more prolific and they grow faster.
Weeds absorb water and nutrients, robbing your trees of crucial life-sustaining elements just when they need them most. Weeds can even outgrow your plants, thereby depriving them of much-needed sunlight.
If you fertilize without first removing weeds, you are fertilizing the weeds instead.
PRICE (Includes Staples)
Weed Mat Installation Tips
- It is best to have the weeds/grass cut as low as you can – 2” or less.
- We recommend doing weed control beyond the mat to control rodents.
- Weed Pro may retain moisture for 3 to 6 weeks during a drought based on your soil type.
Why Weed Pro is different than other mats?
- The price includes the staples.
- Weed Pro retains moisture 3 to 6 weeks longer than other mats that are porous.
- Porous mats allow moisture to freely transfer thru the mat drying the soil.
- Ships flat
- Two diameters - 4" and 5"
- UV stabilized for 4+ years
- Made from 100% recycled materials
- No stake required for trees that support themselves.